Pleasure Muse: Bessie Springfield
- First Black woman to ride across the United States solo.
- At 16, taught herself to ride her first motorcycle, a 1928 Indian Scout.
- At 19, started her adventure across the American South at the height of the Jim Crow Era – on a Harley-Davidson.
- One of the few civilian motorcycle dispatch riders during World War II.
- Married six times.
- Over the course of her life, drove all 48 continental states and long-distance rides in Europe, Brazil and Haiti
- Inducted into the Motorcycle Hall of Fame.
- Lived to be 81 years old
Your life is abundant, where will you go? What will you do? Let’s plan it. Your next adventure. Relax your face. Close your eyes. Imagine yourself in an inspiring place. Is it on a sailboat? A crystal blue sea? The Great Wall of China? A dirt road at sunset? A silent retreat at an ashram? Imagine yourself there. See the surroundings in your minds eye. Here the sounds. Feel and taste the air. You are there. Now open your eyes, look at yourself, and make a silent promise to go.
- I deserve to enjoy life.
- I embrace living in the moment.
- I'm packed and ready to go.
- I am free and open to adventure.
Adrenaline is Alchemy: A Playlist
Self-Care Shopping List:
- Download the AirBnB app.
- Rather than searching “Stays” select “Experiences”.
- Type in your state, and voila!
- Pick a local adventure.
- Don’t wait, book it before you close the app.
Didn’t catch the live recording of today’s episode? We don’t want you to miss out on getting the full experience. Check out the opening and closing songs below.